As a couple, you decide to consult a respective doctor at a fertility clinic in your locality. And the doctor advises a few suitable treatment options after interacting with you and going through the reports of the recommended tests. IVF or in vitro fertilisation is one of those treatment options.
In vitro fertilisation or IVF has evolved a lot with technical advancements in reproductive health. It has gone through several changes. So, it is crucial for you to know well about it before you move forward to having it at the best IVF centre in India. In the following paragraphs or subheading, you will learn more about advance treatment in IVF:
Options for advanced treatment in IVF
As mentioned above, IVF treatment has gone through several advancements and changes. Now, it is very different from the one 20-30 years ago. Going through the IVF treatment process means you have more options to make it successful. Here are some advance treatment options in IVF:
- PGD – Preimplantation genetic diagnosis or PGD is a process to detect inherited chromosomal abnormalities in embryos before the implantation. Due to it, potential parents can stop the transfer of their genetic disorders to their children born through IVF.
- FET – Frozen embryo transfer or FET helps your doctor perform the previous process or have a break in the middle of IVF treatment. A break in the treatment process can happen due to any reason.
- ICSI – Intracytoplasmic sperm injection or ICSI facilitates egg fertilisation with sperm. It helps the implantation of healthy fertilised eggs into a female’s uterus. Doctors recommend it when a male partner has very poor sperm count and motility.
- Assisted hatching – It increases your pregnancy chance through IVF. In the process, experts puncture the outer zone of the fertilised eggs before transplanting the same into a female’s uterus.
- Vitrification – In today’s world, you (couples) preserve your fertility by saving your healthy eggs, sperm, and embryos for the future. Whether you are going to have cancer treatment or more focused on your career, vitrification can help you become parents of a child when you are ready for enjoying parenthood.
- Donor help – Your doctor can recommend you to go with donor egg or sperm if your egg or sperm is not healthy for conception. Going ahead with a poor egg or sperm can make your IVF treatment failure. For successful IVF treatment, you need to have a healthy egg/sperm. Donor programs available at an IVF clinic helps you get healthy eggs or sperm.
Suggest to Read:- Stomach Pain During Pregnancy – What You Need To Know
Difference between conventional and advanced IVF treatment process
A conventional IVF treatment process involves stages like ovary stimulation, egg retrieval, sperm extraction, egg fertilisation and embryo transfer. On the other hand, advanced IVF treatment processes include PGD, assisted hatching, ICSI, and donor assistance based on the patents’ needs. The inclusion of new and advanced treatment options increases the success of the IVF treatment for a couple like you.
Advanced IVF treatment cost in India
It is usually hard to disclose an amount as advanced IVF treatment cost in India. Based on locality, clinic, and patients’ needs during the treatment, it varies a lot. However, you can have advanced IVF treatment at a cost of anything between INR 1 00 000 to INR 5 00 000. Getting in touch with an IVF clinic in your locality or visiting a respective website can help you know an estimated cost for you.
In vitro fertilisation or IVF has witnessed many advancements. And due to that, it is more successful and effective than the one 10-30 years ago. Having an idea about the available advanced treatment options and difference between conventional and advanced IVF treatment will help you make a wise decision for your family expansion plan.